The Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority (ICJIA ) is seeking volunteer individuals to participate in Restore, Reinvest, and Renew (R3) grant program application review. According to its website, the “ICJIA is seeking diverse, passionate community members to read and review grant applications submitted by organizations across Illinois. This collaborative approach will enhance ICJIA’s application review process with the assistance of individuals with diverse backgrounds, viewpoints, and experiences.”
Application reviewer responsibilities include:
- Participating in a training process on how to effectively, ethically, and equitably review grant applications.
- Using a web-based portal to review a set of applications submitted by organizations seeking grant funding.
- Scoring all assigned applications based on a rubric that will be provided to all reviewers.
- Providing detailed comments justifying their scores and as feedback to the applicants.
- Participating in one meeting to discuss the assigned applications and scores.
- Submitting final application scores and comments by a set due date.
Through this process, selected application reviewers will receive:
- Training on grant application review, cultural competency, and confronting our own implicit biases.
- Valuable information on what state agencies look for in a successful grant application.
- A $25 gift card.
Reviewers must reside in designated R3 zones, which can be identified using this map. Enter your address in the box at the top left corner of the map. Eligible areas are identified within the color-coded areas of the state. If your address appears in a color-coded area, you are eligible to participate as a reviewer.
To apply, click here: Reviewer Registration Survey.
For more Illinois cannabis industry news, click here.